Monday, February 7, 2011

Week Two Progress - Active Release Technique Update (Day 15)

This last week hasn't shown much visible progress, and I think this is largely due to the fact that I haven't been able to really put in 100% due to my shoulder pain. This has stopped me completely from playing badminton or swimming (a.k.a. my cardio) and hampered any shoulder or incline chest exercises. However, I will say that both my shoulder and wrist have shown considerable improvement over the weekend as I've been able to workout mostly unimpeded today. In summary, Active Release Technique has helped a lot. I recommend anyone try it for their joint irritations before going to a doctor.

The beginnings of some oblique definition

Overall I'd say there's still a LONG way to go. The one thing that I have begun to notice this week was the increase in shoulder and trap definition. I notice the outline of my frame has a much more square look to it compared to the beginning pictures (where I just looked like a round blob.) Regardless, the abdominal region is still very smooth, and if I had to estimate conservatively, I'm still probably around 16-18% bodyfat.

I'm incorporating consistent cardio 4x/week starting this week with both badminton and swimming and also supersets during gym time. I want to increase the intensity.

No comments:

Post a Comment