Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cheat Day! (Day 13)

I started off the day with a slight headache. They say this is one of the side effects when you go on a low/slow carb diet and don't consume enough of other foods to compensate for the reduced caloric intake. I never knew you could get headaches if you didn't eat enough!

Anyway, I actually didn't feel like cheating today because I had just gotten into the groove of eating and there wasn't anything in particular that I was craving. Regardless, I promised myself that I'd pig out just because I could, and to also follow through consistently with carb-cycling to see if it was as effective as I've heard.

I made a point to order Round Table's pizza because I wanted it earlier in the week. I had no idea how much I wanted it until I took my first bite of the chicken wings. After half a medium garlic supreme, half a dozen wings and 2 cans of coke (78g of sugar! Can you see insulin spewing from my pores?) I was completely food comatose. Some other things that I splurged on today:

Some expensive ass chocolates

Mom's homemade spinach dip

Carbs! Carbs! Carbs! I don't have a headache anymore. Looking forward to seeing what the damage is come Monday. Progress pictures for week two to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment