Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The End (Sort of.)

April 24th has come and past and I must say...

Laugh out F***ing loud.

Beginning statistics here.

Height: 5'8 (No change. Dammit.)
Weight: 156.4 (-5lbs)

Neck: 15.5" (--)
Shoulders: 49" (+1")
Chest: 40.5" (+1.5")
Stomach: 32" (-3")
Waist: 32" (-1")
Hips: 37" (--)
Left Bicep: 14.5" (+0.25")
Right Bicep: 14.25" (0.25")
Left Forearm: 11.25" (--)
Right Forearm: (11") (--)
Left Thigh: 22" (+1.5")
Right Thigh: 22" (+1.5")
Left Calf: 14"
Right Calf: 14" (-0.5"???)

In summary, I lost about 5 pounds while collectively putting an inch on my shoulders and chest. Biceps grew a little, while my thighs put on a whopping 1.5 inches each. Interestingly enough, my calfs regained symmetry at the loss of half an inch on my right. Very strange. I'm guessing this could be due to the right ankle sprain I had during this regimen period and the cessation of playing badminton. Though my hip measurement hasn't changed, there's a noticeable difference in the appearance of my glutes from all the squats I've been doing.

Overall, I wasn't anticipating a large growth in any one of these areas due to the nature of this regimen. The main component of course was the change in my midsection with the loss of 3 inches around and one inch around my waist. My waist-to-shoulder ratio has gone from 0.72 to 0.65.

Despite all this, after going to the Bodpod center, my body fat came back at a perplexing 23.9%, which was higher than my original assessment. This was clearly outrageous, in light of all the very noticeable changes:

Left & Right: Before & After

I apologize for not being able to take a more recent picture, this past weekend was a trip to LA where I decidedly freak-binged on carbs and massive amounts of alcohol like the raging alcoholic I used to be. This has continued throughout the week thus far, more or less sabotaging additional aesthetic improvements.

"Self improvement is masturbation. Now self destruction..." - Tyler Durden

I've made the decision to take a break and just eat whatever the hell I want this week. And also to get a refund from the Bodpod center for its clear lack of accuracy. As for this blog, I'm going to consider continuing it throughout the summer as I plan to overhaul my diet and workout regimen again toward different goals (gaining arm size & muscle mass, etc.). I've gotten some tips from fitness models recently that I want to experiment with and implement. And of course, there are several subjects that I still wish to write about that I haven't had the chance to yet.

Overall, these past three months have been a great learning experience. I've come to realize just how sedentary and unhealthy most of us are in our day to day routines. Issues like sleep and the types/amounts of foods we put into our bodies directly affect everything from our moods to our productivity to how healthy and radiant our skin looks. Yet so much of our population still turn to things like antidepressants, face washes, acne medication, fad weight loss diets, artificial hormones etc. to correct our issues when the real problem lies in our everyday lifestyle. As a population, I believe we need to become more educated about how our bodies respond to natural remedies such as proper nutrition, exercise and sleep before we resort to other pathways.

I digress.

I started a bodyspace page for those of you interested in looking at a better side by side comparison: Click here.

Comments and feedback appreciated. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment