Saturday, April 2, 2011

Diminishing Returns (Week 10)


I haven't had a progress picture in a while so I thought I would take one. The above picture was taken without the high contrast lighting that I used last time. Though it's not as clear, the beginnings of the rectus abdominis are starting to become visible as the layer of subcutaneous fat over my midsection becomes thinner and thinner. If you compare this with the picture from three weeks ago there is a slightly less smooth appearance. The difference however isn't as profound as compared to my beginning picture.

With just three weeks left until my self imposed goal date I find it harder and harder to make visible progress. I joined a master's swimming class this past week and did 400 IMs which completely destroyed me. I woke up the next morning literally 5 lbs lighter and more cut than I ever was in my life.

Then I drank some water and ate and the results disappeared. :(

I reevaluated my diet this past week and decided to eliminate all dairy and as much fat as possible. Yes, I was still consuming dairy in the mornings in the form of cheese in the occasional Egg McMuffin and Lunchables (because I hate waking up in the mornings and I never seem to find time to eat this important first meal). I'm a fraud, don't hate me.

The results have been quite interesting as my sex drive and general vigor for life has dropped and my mood has become more complacent and blasé. For those of you who don't know, cholesterol and fats are the primary building blocks for sex hormones in our body, and I suspect this is the main reason why this has happened. (Yes people, fat is necessary and good for you in the right amounts.) I plan to slowly reintroduce small amounts of healthy fats into my diet through raw nuts, avocados and a larger consumption of fish such as salmon and tuna... but for now, I'm somewhat interested in seeing just how far I can push my body to the dark side by nearly depleting all fat from my diet. Masochistic? Maybe. *Insert evil laugh here*

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment