Friday, April 8, 2011

Pumped: Blood Flow & The Illusion of Muscularity



It's interesting to see the difference in your body before and after a workout. This was taken Wednesday, April 6th 2011 right after my chest & tricep session. You'll notice an immediate difference between this picture and the picture in my last post just 4 days prior. My chest and shoulders look much more developed, and this is simply due to blood engorging the area afterwards. I've discovered that all fitness models utilize this "pump" effect in their photoshoots by lifting weights just prior to photo taking. Word to the public: they don't actually look like that on a day to day basis! I'll try to demonstrate this to full effect one of these days by going through a full circuit workout (working every muscle group) right before taking a photo.

Progress is coming along nicely and I estimate this to be around 12-13%BF as rectus abdominis definition becomes more pronounced.

The secret ingredient? Master's swimming classes.

Actual informative posts to come this weekend. (I apologize to those tired of looking at my vanity pictures.)

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment