Sunday, January 23, 2011

Prologue

Hello out there! Welcome to my humble abode... Sort of.

My name is Arthur and I'm a twenty-something Asian American working professional living in San Jose, CA.

This blog marks the beginning of an experiment that I'll be conducting over the next three months: to cut my body fat levels down to single digits; preferably as low as 6% by April 24, 2011. I'll use this space to talk about everything from my diet, to my workouts, to my random thoughts on contemporary fitness science and routines. The journey will most likely be arduous, but hopefully along the way it will manage to be insightful, informative, educational and maybe, if I succeed, somewhat inspiring to readers out there looking to lose weight or get in shape. (and don't want to do P90x!)

1999: This is me, senior year in high school playing badminton. I was 5'6 and 115lbs.

Body recomposition isn't something that's entirely new to me. After all, being teased for being this skinny was a powerful motivator to research ways to put on weight.

Today I'm a little over 160lbs. Most of it's muscle. But as anyone can tell you, along with gaining weight comes gaining a bit of fat. I've been pretty successful with building muscle over the years, but this year I'd like to try something a little different.

Tomorrow morning I visit a Bodpod testing center where I will receive official data regarding my current body fat percentage. Along with it I'll be posting pictures of what I look like as well as my current measurements.

Have fun reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment